Local Potato Salad
July 31, 2009
Check out this summery salad made with mostly locals.
- 5 locally grown blue caribe potatoes
- handful locally grown green beans
- abotu 15 locally grown organic cherry tomatoes (the more colorful the better)
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 6 local basil leaves
- some local green onions
- can aduki beans
- large minced garlic clove (local)
- juice of one lemon
- about a tsp spicy mustard
- olive oil to bring the dressing to a 1/2 cup
Green beans give the salad the crunch that most turn to celery for–I just put them in raw. My thoughts on mayo are that it makes everything soupy and bland while lemon juice makes the salad tart and refreshing. The sweet tomatoes balance the garlic and the adukis add some flavorful protien. I like to top my bowl with some fresh basil too.